Environmental Audits, Compliance, and Management.
EHS Management Systems, Databases and Solutions by EQM.
Environmental Health and Safety
Our professionals have the onsite experience and professional training to evaluate and provide solutions to an organization’s EHS compliance requirements. EQM works with clients to develop site-specific and organization-wide systems to establish and maintain an internal culture of compliance. Our EHS auditing team assists clients in the evaluation of their current compliance and conformance status and identifies potential liabilities and associated risks. EQM professionals focus on identifying areas of noncompliance and/or the need for best management practices and recommend viable and cost-effective solutions or alternatives.
EHS Compliance Audit Checklist
EQM’s health and safety staff can help formalize and develop elements of an EHS management system that includes:
- Identifying the environmental health and safety impacts of operations
- Compliance calendar preparation
- EMS Objectives, Targets, and Programs Development
- Corrective Actions Tracking
- Permit Requirements Database Development
- Pre-Audit Assessments (On-site and Off-Site)
- EMS Awareness Training
- Compliance Risks Identification
- EMS Manual, Policy and Procedure Generation
Environmental Compliance Auditing & Management
Call us at (800) 229-7495
Environmental Health and Safety Audits - Areas of Service
EQM’s multi-media environmental compliance audits typically include the areas listed below. After an audit is complete and findings are identified, EQM’s experts in each of these areas are available to assist with follow-up tasks to ensure compliance.
Water: Pollution Prevention & Control
- NPDES Permitting / Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan
- Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure
- Wastewater Discharge Permitting
Hazardous Waste Management
- Hazardous Waste
- Solid Waste
- Universal Waste
Air Permitting and Risk Management
- Permits/Air Regulations
- Risk Management Program Rule (RMP), including process safety management/hazard assessment audits
- Ozone Depleting Substances Program
Other EHS Audit Management
- AST/UST (Storage Tank) Regulations
- Industry/Company Standards
TSCA Inventory, Tier II Reporting & other Federal Audits
- SARA Title III EPCRA Reporting
- Tier II
- Toxic Release Inventory (TRI)
- TSCA Chemical Data Reporting
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting
On-site Environmental Management / EHS Outsourcing
EQM’s environmental staff delivers regular on-site environmental management assistance to many clients. We provide experienced staff to fill the manpower gaps in the environmental department, providing daily assistance at the client’s office or remotely.
Tasks may include maintaining and reviewing daily records required by the air permit; checking on monitor performance and data; preparing air permit and waste reports; responding to daily environmental issues; or assembling required records. Under the environmental burdens placed on EHS managers and based on our outsourcing experience we are able to identify the right person and skill-level to meet a facility’s environmental manpower needs.
OSHA PSM & EPA Risk Management Auditing
OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) regulations and EPA Risk Management Planning (RMP) Program 3 regulations require that process safety management program compliance audits be conducted every three years. EQM health and safety experts are highly experienced in performing these compliance audits for a variety of hazardous chemicals and processes. We provide a formalized and highly thorough approach to the audits to ensure that requirements are met and that areas for improvement are identified.