EQM Construction Management
Supporting government, industrial, and commercial clients for more than 20 years.
Overview of Construction Management
EQM’s Remediation and Construction group has successfully supported government, industrial, and commercial clients for more than 20 years. Our staff is comprised of engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists, environmental scientists, hazardous waste managers, and safety professionals. We have completed hundreds of site assessment, remedial action, re-utilization, and redevelopment projects nationwide using sustainable solutions.
Our managers and crews have received many accolades for their ability to work under difficult circumstances but only minimally disrupting the daily activities of residents and the general public.
EQM provides the following expertise:
- Dedicated Program Managers and support staff with over 25 years of environmental program and project management experience conducting environmental planning, compliance, waste management, remediation, RA-O, and LTM services.
- In-place management systems to simultaneously control budget, schedule, and quality of multiple, concurrent geographically dispersed projects.
- DCMA-approved procurement system with 1,200+ pre-qualified firms throughout the U.S.
- Documented strong reputation for quality and an excellent safety record with an EMR of 0.76.
- Experience serving USAF customers—EQM has executed 168 projects totaling $203.5M for AFCEC and USACE on USAF installations.
Learn more about EQM amd Construction Management
Call us at (800) 229-7495
Remediation & Construction services include:
- Agency Interface
- Building Remediation and Demolition
- Construction Management
- Hazardous Waste Management/Disposal
- Innovative Green Solutions
- Long-term Monitoring and Long-term Operation
- Multimedia Compliance Sampling
- Phase I/II Site Assessment
- RCRA/CERCLA Compliance
- Site Demolition/DecontaminationSite Closeout/Decision Documents
- Site Remediation and Rapid Response
- Soil and Groundwater Assessment
- Sustainable Remedial Design and Construction
- Underground and Aboveground Storage Tanks
Sustainment, Site Restoration, and Modernization
Under our Single Acquisition Task Order Contract (SATOC) with the U.S. Air Force, EQM has provided construction and engineering services to support the Sustainment, Restoration, and Modernization (SRM) of real property at Air Force installations and other locations. EQM has successfully completed 31 task orders totaling >$43M since 2008. Task Orders include SRM, construction, and environmental remediation.
Below are some of the projects we have worked on:
- Implement Advanced Meter Reading System (AMRS) Metering at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB) and Keesler AFB.
- Repair Fire Protections Systems and Runway Strobe Light System at Offutt AFB.
- Remove and Close UST, Remove Six Water Separators, and Repair Boiler at WPAFB.
- Provide Design/Build Construction Services for the Repair/Replacement of Taxiway at Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) - Randolph, TX.
- Renovate Lodging and Dorm Post Offices at Building 13001, Replace Fire-Suppression System, and Replace HVAC System at Vandenberg AFB.
- Repair Electrical Deficiencies Within the DFSP and at the DFSP Fuel Wharf at the Naval Weapons Station (NWS), Charleston SC.
- Replace Select Rigid Concrete Slabs and All Joint Sealants on the Transient Aircraft Ramp (600 and 592 Aprons) at Grissom Air Reserve Base.
- Install a New Well, Tank, and Lines for Irrigation at Buckley Air Force Base (BAFB).
- Repair Fire Protection Refueler Maintenance Facility and Fire-suppression Dock at Ellsworth AFB.
Advanced Meter Reader Systems
EQM has experience upgrading electric meters with AMRS-compliant electric meters. This work includes:
- Installing network cabling, LAN receptacle plug-ins, and associated equipment to establish remote communications to the nearest network switch or other noted location.
- Connecting upgraded meters via patch cable to existing network connection of proposed new meter location.
Runway and Taxi Apron Construction
EQM has experience performing runway and taxiway repair projects at Air Force bases. This work typically involves developing a concrete mix design and conducting pre construction testing and analysis in accordance with stringent USACE airfield concrete specifications. The following project demonstrates EQM’s experience in this area.
HVAC, Fire Protection, and Roof Improvements
EQM has experience completing HVAC, Fire Protection, and Roof Improvements project work. Our experience in this area is demonstrated by our work on the following projects.
EQM has experience providing program support to our clients including Design, Bid, Build; and project management / field support. Below is a project demonstrating our experience in this area.
Design, Bid, Build
EQM has experience providing program support including Design, Bid, Build; and project management / field support. The following project demonstrates our experience in this area.
Project Management / Field Support
EQM has environmental project management and regulatory experience at over 100 sites including Superfund sites. Our experience at these sites includes on-site management, soil and groundwater assessment, groundwater monitoring well installation and maintenance, risk assessment, remediation, soil excavation and disposal, tank removal, building decontamination, installation of landfill caps, and installation and maintenance of bioremediation systems. EQM has experience with VOC, SVOC, metals, and explosives contamination. Our responsibilities have included on-site management of subcontractors, daily cost tracking, quality control (QC), health and safety (H&S) oversight, and regular contact and negotiations with government regulators.
EQM has decades of field experience managing emergency response, removal action, remediation, and civil construction projects across the US. This work includes managing contaminated residential cleanups of homes, responding to large oil and chemical spills across the US, directing extensive cleanup actions following massive floods and wildfires, constructing containment systems including caps and liners, and installing, operating, and maintaining groundwater, surface water, and soil treatment systems.
EQM also provides technical and field support for data collection, design, contaminant movement, test plans, and document review. EQM interprets results using data acquired from monitoring wells, soil borings, and geophysical surveys to define geologic conditions.